A large range of commercial skincare products contain chemicals that can negatively affect the health of your skin. Your skin absorbs up to 60% of the chemicals in skincare products - that accumulates to a large amount of toxins. It only makes sense to make sure you are using ingredients that won’t disturb the healthy functioning of your body.
If you have been thinking about “going green” with your beauty routine, this week may be a good time to do so, #stpaddysday!
We know it can be hard to move to all-natural skincare and beauty products, however the journey is worth it. Not only will your skin be in better shape, but your body will thank you in the long run.
Nature has provided us with many natural and gorgeous ingredients that support your skin function at it’s best. Using products made from 100% natural ingredients in our daily skincare routine can have a positive effect on the look and feel of your skin as well as your overall health.
Below we have put together some tips for switching to all-natural products and help you GO GREEN:
- If you aren’t sure about natural products and feel a little overwhelmed, start by switching one product at a time. This will not feel overwhelming and you are more likely to stick with the change.
- As a simple rule of tumb, if an ingredient sounds hard to pronounce and you have no idea what it is, it’s probably synthetic and most likely a chemical you don’t want on your skin.
- When reading labels look for ingredients that are simple and make sense in skincare (e.g. camellia oil, sea salt, beeswax, pure essential oils etc.).
- If using certified organic products is important to you, make sure you are familiar with the certification labels and what they mean. There is a difference between products made with 80% and those made with 100% organic ingredients. The certifying bodies list on their website how they distinguish between the amount of organic ingredients used.
- Pay attention to the packaging. Sustainable packaging is just as important to your health and the health of the environment. Whenever possible, make sure the products you use are packaged in glass or recycled materials.
Do you have any questions about going GREEN? Let us know and we’ll be happy to help!